These Gluten Free Sweet & Sour Chicken Meatballs are seriously so easy and so flavorful! You just throw the meatballs into the instant pot and pour sweet & sour sauce on them, put the lid on and its ready to cook. I set mine on manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
I made up some fried rice as a side so that we have a full meal that we can easily take to work for lunch. My husband works at Boeing and I work in an office and it’s easy for us to spend money eating out… I am trying to be good and meal prep for us through the week.
Meagan Diemert is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
5 Minute Instant Pot Gluten Free Sweet & Sour Meatball Recipe
- 1/2 bag of Fosters Frozen Chicken Meatballs
- One full bottle of La Choy Sweet & Sour Sauce
- About 1/2 a cup of water
- Put the frozen meatballs directly into the instant pot.
- Dump the sweet & sour sauce over the meatballs. Make sure they are completely covered in sauce.
- I felt like I needed to add some water to make sure the meatballs were totally covered in sauce. Also, I know its important to have liquid for the instant pot to come to pressure. It made the perfect sauce consistency when it was all done!
- Secure the lid on & set to manual pressure high for 5 minutes.
- When it is done do a quick release. (They don’t need to sit after it’s done).
That’s it! Easy right?! Then while that was cooking I made a super easy fried rice on the stove!
- Throw some microwavable basmati rice in the microwave for 90 seconds.
- Throw some frozen veggies (I used about 1/4 of a bag) in a frying pan and defrost.
- Then add 2 scrambled eggs to the frozen veggies and cook until the eggs are done.
- Add in your packet of rice to the veggie and egg mix.
- Just stir it all around and it’s good to go!
- I add some braggs amino acids for some flavor. I use this because it’s gluten free.
By the time my fried rice was done the meatballs were done too! Then I just put them in some meal prep containers and let it cool off. Once cool, I just stuck in the fridge.
I hope you enjoyed this easy gluten free recipe!