Spring Style Trend 2019: Knotted T-Shirts
Meagan Diemert is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Who else loves the style of a knotted t-shirt with some cute jeans? I have been obsessed with this look! I used to buy shirts that already had a knot tied and I just would be careful not to untie it. I never thought about just tying a knot myself!
Until one day, I went to Hoity Toity, a cute little boutique in Marysville and they taught me how to tie a knot in any t-shirt. My mind was blown how easy it is! Now I am putting knots in all my shirts!
My favorite way to wear a knotted shirt is with high rise or mid rise jeans. I am not quite to the point of being comfortable wearing low rise jeans with a short t-shirt. I have always been self conscious of my stomach and hips (I love pasta and tacos a little too much lol)! However I think it’s super cute with any pants!
If you are looking for a cute pair of mid-rise jeans I suggest going to the following stores:
- Abercrombie – They have the cutest mid-rise distressed jeans that are super stretchy and comfy! The jeans I am wearing in this post are from Abercrombie. They all fit true to size. I wear a size 5 or 6 in their jeans.
- American Eagle – Their jeans are very similar to Abercrombie. I love that they are cute and still very comfy to wear all day! They fit true to size.
- Express – I love Express jeans!! They are comfy yet they do not stretch out when you wear them all day! So they keep their style throughout the day. Most jeans stretch out way too much when you wear them.
- Nordstrom – Nordstrom has SO. MANY. cute jeans! I love Paige, Hudson, Seven, and even their BP brand! I never leave Nordstrom empty handed! Just ask a stylist for some high rise or mid rise jeans and they will find you more than you ever would need!
How To Tie A Knot in A T-Shirt
Basically, you just want a shirt that fits loosely. I like shirts that are longer in the front and back & go up on the sides a little bit. It’s a great way to change the look of any shirt! Here are the steps:
- Gather the front of the shirt in your hand.
- Wrap the shirt around your hand (shown in video) and then pull the shirt into a knot.
- You can then pull the knot to either tighten it or loosen it.
I made a video to show you how easy it is to tie a knot in any of your loose shirts! A video is much easier than trying to write it out!
In this blog I am wearing a shirt from Buckle that I got at Alderwood Mall and my jeans are the “Harper Super Skinny” from Abercrombie & Fitch.